Tel: +43 664 3908156
Angoraweg 38, 1220 Vienna, Austria
A freelance IT consultant, specialising in system architecture and object-oriented design with extensive, 20+ years of experience in the full lifecycle of the software engineering process, including requirements engineering, system design, proof of concepts, prototyping, coding, team coaching, performance analysis and quality management.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
- Extensive expertise in object-oriented analysis/design and Java development
- Profound knowledge of Oracle databases, including troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Profound analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated proficiency in requirements engineering techniques
- Knowledge of agile software development methods, skilled in leading and mentoring teams
|Databases||Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL|
|Frameworks and Ecosystems||AngularJS, Spring, node.js, Strongloop, Struts,Grails, Hibernate, AspectJ, JUnit, TestNG, JQuery, JQuery-Mobile, EJB, Jboss-Seam|
|API||Swing, JSP, JSF (RI, MyFaces, RichFaces, Primefaces), JPA, JTA, JAXB, SOAP, JAX-RS, WFS, WMS|
|Concepts||OOA/OOD (UML, design pattern, refactoring), OR Mapping, ESB, AJAX, MVC, MVVM, aspect-oriented programming; multithreading, transactions, testing (unit, module, integration, load, FAT, SAT), RESTful Web Services, Responsive Web Design|
|Software||Java IDE (Eclipse, IDEA, NetBeans), Oracle (Designer, Developer, Forms, Reports),FitNesse, OGC Geo-Server|
|Application Server||Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat, node.js, Express|
|Hardware||RAID, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Network, Firewalls|
Degree in Electrical Engineering, Msc
Technical University of Gdansk, Poland
Graduate of 1986
- Electronic Commerce
- Telecom – mobile and landline network operator
- Transport – air traffic control (AIS/AIM), railway
- Financial services – card-based payments
- Pharmaceuticals and drugs
- ERP and CRM
- Lottery and regulated gaming
COMPANIES I WORKED FOR
Either direct (employee or assignment) or indirect (customers project)
Oracle, ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways), Card Complete (Visa, Masters Cards), AKS, Baxter (formerly Immuno), Austrian Aerospace (formerly ORS), Frequentis, Eurocontrol, Skysoft, Austro Control, Techem, Wienerberger, Mobikom Austria, Telekom Austria, T-Mobile, Steweag, Ökostrom, Iqsoft, APAC, NTT Data (formerly Cirquent, Softlab), Scientific Games
Only major assignments from the last 10 years, detailed list upon request.
|Electronic Commerce, Transportation, Railway|
|Webshop for sailing tickets||February 2015 – current|
Co-developed the single page web application for sailing tickets over internet via multiple channels.
- AngularJS 1 with Typescript
- Some Angular 2/4 Modules
- Electron wrapper
- REST-API microservices based on node.js, Express, Strongloop
- Fullstack development of frontend and backend components
|Major ANSP (Air Navigation Service Provider)|
|New Internet Briefing System||February 2013 – December – 2014|
Technical project management of a new system build on top of Frequentis smartAIM for the processing of Flight Plans and Pre-Flight Briefings over the Internet.
- Collaboration in tender and pre-sales
- Elaboration of System and Software Requirements
- Creation of System and Software Design Documents
- Review and coordination of technical system design
- Evaluation of underlying technology stack for GIS, E-Commerce and Mobile aspects
- Quality Management
|Web Platform supporting freelancer daily business||February 2012 – December 2014|
Co-founded and developed web platform, supporting freelancer daily business.
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Mobile web client – JQuery Mobile
- SPA client – AngularJS
|EUROCONTROL and major ANSPs|
|EAD and smartAIM Projects||July 2011 – December 2012|
Technical leadership in the major EAD subsystem Common Services.
Intensive experience in AIS/AIM specific domain areas such as AIXM (4.5 and 5.1), Flight Plan processing according to ICAO 4444, ADQ, AIP.
- Management of subsystem delivery lifecycle – changes, requirements, specifications, development assessment
- Management of subsystem human resources and external partners
- Quality Management
- Management of Support Services
- Design, co-development and assessment of Internet Briefing System for the major European ANSP
- Evaluating and introducing workflow system for ADQ Support
|European Regulated Gaming Operator|
|New Lottery Gaming System||June 2010 – June 2011|
Co-working on the development of new Lottery System for the major regulated gaming operator. Support of the development team in implementing web services in Java and Spring Framework, automation of the deployment process on Websphere Application Server and automated testing.
- Developed Web Service based front-end for gaming terminals
- Introduced automated testing of gaming services
- Introduced automated build and deployment system
|Measurement Engineering, Energy Accounting|
|Heating Cost Accounting||October 2006 – June 2009|
Collaboratively architected the new CRM/SRM system for the Heating Cost Accounting. Worked with sales, CTO and service to capture requirements and identify stakeholder concerns. Elaborated system design and worked together with the development team on iterative implementation using an Oracle database and JBoss Seam framework.
- Documented and re-engineered business processes
- Engineered System Requirements
- Elaborated System Architecture and Design
- Analysed legacy Oracle-Forms based system
|Major Telecom Mobile Provider|
|System Analyst responsible for performance improvement||June 2007 – November 2008|
Supported development team in the performance improvements analysis of server-side components and web services of a CRM system based on Oracle and Amdocs Clarify.
- Introduced objective measurement methods for the identification of performance problems
- Developed concept for the archiving and partitioning of huge CRM entities
- Implemented tools for the monitoring of SLA and reverse SLA of major services and components
- Implemented generic trace mechanisms for the Amdocs Clarify E-Business-Framework based components (Java, AOP)
|Major Credit Card Institution|
|Online Transactions Overview||November 2003 – October 2004; Februar 2006 – May 2006|
Designed and realised web based e-commerce application for credit card holders to monitor account balance and transactions.
- Elaborated system design and security concept
- Collaborated with in-house consultants and partners to develop data provider services
- Developed UI, security mechanisms and data access layer using web services, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, PostgreSQL
- Performed Load Test and factory acceptance tests
|EUROCONTROL – European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation|
|EAD – European AIS Database||May 2001 – March 2003|
Managed development of the Pre-Flight Briefing Subsystem. Led team in system design, iterative development and assessment. Worked together with the pilot clients to achieve end-user acceptance of HMI.
- Requirements Engineering
- Elaborated System Design
- Coached a team to successfully enter agile, test-driven approach to software development.
- Performed code reviews and coached other teams in software engineering and performance optimisation issues
|Regional Healthcare Agency|
|Workflow System||March 1999 – March 2005|
Analysed core business processes, cash flow and relationships with major stakeholders. Worked with key staff to develop specifications for the new workflow system to support business processes.
- Analysed and reviewed legacy in-house applications
- Requirements Engineering
- Elaborated system Design
- Established software engineering standards
- Managed implementation of core system components
Major feature set:
- Product and Service Management
- Campaigning and response monitoring
- Proof of Concept for the Electronic data Exchange